Thursday, September 21, 2006

Did I Ever Mention...

...that I have an addictive personality?? I get hooked on anything new I try. After having a relapse on smoking for the past several months, I finally did kick that silly habit of two or three sneaked smokes a day. Rob sighs with relief, for it totally disgusted him. Now, however, I find myself gripped with a new addiction. Knitting. I signed up for a knitting class for the month of September and last night was my third class. Apparently, knitting is one hot hobby nowadays. I don't know about being trendy, but I do know that I am hooked on wrapping tiny yarn around big sticks. It's very very soothing and makes a great companion to enduring Calliou for the third time of the day. I now know how to "cast on", straight knit, purl, and "bind off". I have finished a scarf, complete with fringe! I am a knitter, baby! Oh, and I'm totally serious when I say that everyone (everyone!!) is getting a scarf for Christmas this year. (evil laugh). So, now I can add knitting to my list of obsessive compulsions.... cleaning, reading, sleeping, etc.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I would totally love a scarf for Christmas...could you make mine really long and with some pink in it? And now I know what to get you...books on knitting!

Cat Jordan said...

Oh God no! No books! LOL. I don't do well with books, just with a good knitter looking over my shoulder. Let's make a deal... you get a nice long scarf with pink and you avoid that kitting book section with all your might! LOL.